Full course description
AWS Academy Cloud Operations is designed to prepare participants to pursue entry-level DevOps, support, and cloud operations roles. It will also help prepare them to take the AWS SysOps Administrator – Associate exam. Emphasizing best practices in the AWS Cloud and recommended design patterns, this course will teach students how to solve problems and troubleshoot various scenarios. The course will show students how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on AWS and covers specific AWS features and tools related to configuration and deployment. With case studies and demonstrations, students will learn how some AWS customers design their infrastructures and implement various strategies and services. Students will also have the opportunity to build a variety of infrastructures via guided, hands-on activities.
This course teaches students how to:
• Understand AWS infrastructure as it relates to system operations, such as global infrastructure, core services, and account security
• Use the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI), and understand additional administration and development tools
• Manage, secure, and scale compute instances on AWS
• Manage, secure, and scale configurations
• Identify container services and AWS services that are available for serverless computing.
• Manage, secure, and scale databases on AWS
• Build virtual private networks with Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
• Configure and manage storage options using the storage services offered with AWS
• Monitor the health of your infrastructure with services such as Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, and AWS Config
• Manage resource consumption in an AWS account by using tags, Amazon CloudWatch, and AWS Trusted Advisor
• Create and configure automated and repeatable deployments with tools such as Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) and AWS CloudFormation