Full course description
Date & Time: 3/23 from 7-9PM virtually.
Speaker: Nicole Cieri-Hutcherson, PharmD, BCPS, NCMP
Clinical Assistant Professor at the University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Objectives (1st hour):
- Describe features of the currently available forms of hormonal, non-hormonal, and emergency contraception
- Assess appropriateness of a candidate for hormonal contraceptives
- Formulate a plan to educate users on proper use of hormonal contraceptive products
- Formulate a plan to educate users on the risks and benefits of hormonal contraceptive products.
Objectives (2nd hour):
- Describe pharmacy best practices to combat stigma associated with contraception
- Discuss laws and regulations (state and federal) that would allow pharmacists to furnish hormonal contraceptives and emergency contraceptives
- Discuss New York State legislation that would allow pharmacists to furnish contraception
Continuing Education Information: D’Youville College School of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity has been assigned ACPE #: 0645-9999-23-001-L99-P and will award 2 contact hours (0.2 CEU) of continuing pharmacy education credit. Credit will be uploaded to CPE Monitor to attendees who complete the CE post-test and evaluation form.